Friday, August 14, 2009

BBS bigger!

The blue/black/splash babies are getting bigger! They actually look like real chickens now and not babies.
This is Yorrick, the chick that got smushed in the coop door. I am happy to report that he/she is perfectly fine now. No sign of limp or weakness. Yorrick is a splash, meaning that there are smudges of color on her. I think she's such an interesting looking chicken.

And Ophelia, the other incubator baby. She's smaller than the others and a little spooky. Thus the name...
These are the two black girls (at least I think they're girls...). Can you see the green sheen to the one in back? In the sunlight they are absolutely striking! I didn't think I was going to like the black coloring, but I have to admit it is becoming my favorite. They just sparkle all over!

No comments: