Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cute chicks on the Fourth of July!

Some of the family came out for the day. The chickens were, of course, hugely popular. And perhaps a little scary. I feel I must point out that the bulk of the chicken population is cowering in the coop in this shot. It was a toss up as to who was more nervous, the human girls or the chicken girls.

Short Stuff wasn't scared though. She amused her two year old self by grabbing handfuls of feed from the bucket and hurling it at the chickens. Perhaps Future Farmers of America should be notified...

2 comments:

Karen said...

I laughed so hard at that little baby throwing food at the chickens! My youngest is the same age and acts the same way - I bet the chickens were happy to see her go! I love checking your posts - they never fail to make me smile!

City Girl said...

I tried posting a response earlier and the computer ate it. :(

Glad you enjoyed the post. That little one is a nut! She wasn't scared at all of the crazed chicks running around. The cat reacts much like the chickens when he sees her coming! Run away! Run away!
:)